Wednesday, July 2

Michael Essien To Face Ghana FA Over World Cup Misconduct.



Michael Essien’s  refusal to warm-up ahead of the Black Stars’ final group game with Portugal has caused an investigation by the FA.

Ghana coach Kwesi Appiah has referred midfielder Michael Essien to the Ghana FA over his refusal to warm-up prior to the Black Stars' game against Portugal at the 2014 World Cup.

"I was notified by my technical team that he [Essien] did not warm-up though he was supposed to. It was reported to me and I have added it to my report," Appiah said.

"That was some minutes before kick-off against Portugal. Due to the urgency of the game, we had to carry on and after that I reported his conduct to the GFA in my report for the necessary action to be taken."

No comments:

Post a Comment