Thursday, September 18

OOU mourns as two 400-Level students pass on....



The entire community of Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago Iwoye, Ogun State was confounded by the death of two female students of the university; Fayomi Busayo, a 400-level student of the Faculty of Medicine and John Ibidun Anthonia, a final year student of the Department of Banking and Finance, which occurred recently.

Both students were reportedly dead due to some kind of sickness which was not disclosed.

Through Busayo’s Facebook timeline, some of her friends’ reactions were gathered.

“Busayo, why did you allow death to take you away? Why did you surrender to death? Look back and see many people crying. Look back and see how your retired mother is devastated. You are such a gem the world needs. So, why did you just go just like that? Busayo, this is unfair. R.I.P,” Oluwaseunayofunmi Ade-Ajayi wrote.

In her words, Fatona Olufunmilola wrote: “I was hoping to hear news of your induction or wedding. I was hoping to hear good news about you because you were an epitome of goodness. Unfortunately, it was news of your death. I couldn’t believe it. I hoped it wasn’t true. I felt there had been a mix-up. But here I am face to face with the reality of your demise. This is a huge loss. All I pray for is comfort for your beloved family. I wish you didn’t have to die so soon! We miss you beloved!”

Speaking with Campusbeats, Adewuyi Ayobami, one of late Ibidun’s course mates said: “I was really shocked when I heard the news, but death is inevitable. My prayer is that untimely death will not be the portion of any of us.” Culled

No comments:

Post a Comment