Monday, January 12

GO CR7!!! Cristiano Ronaldo Wins FIFA Ballon d'Or Back To Back.


Photo: AFP
For the second year consecutively Cristiano Ronaldo won the 2014 Fifa Ballon d'Or, it's generally acclaimed  that he deserved the award. 

He won with competitions from  Bayern Munich goalkeeper's  Manuel Neuer and Barcelona forward Lionel Messi.

Ronaldo led  Madrid to Champions League glory by netting a record 17 goals in one campaign, and earned 37.66 per cent of the votes.

Ronaldo becomes the seventh player in history to successfully defend his Ballon d'Or title after Johan Cruyff, Kevin Keegan, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Michel Platini, Marco van Basten and Messi.

Ronaldo in his victory speech said:

"I want to thank my mother, my family. I would like to thank all those who voted for me, my coach, my fellow players, the president of the club," Ronaldo commented while collecting the award.

"It has been an unforgettable year. To win this trophy, a trophy of this kind, is something unique, and like I say, I want to continue working as I have so far, trying to go on and win more titles both individually and as a team, for my mother, for my father who is up there looking at me, my son, and to become better.

"I would like to say to the Portuguese: I never thought I would win this trophy on three separate occasions. Of course it is something that is always with me - I want to become one of the greatest players of all time and I hope to get there. I want to thank you all," concluded the Madrid star before leaving the stage with a loud roar.

This is the third time he would win the prestigious award. Way to go CR7!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment